Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Web Cams Saugerties Main Street

My Web Cams started out as my part in the traffic study for the Village of Saugerties Traffic Committee. At first I was videotaping the intersection, then just the street in front of my shop, to support my traffic count results of one vehicle every 4.3 seconds! Then, The Computer Guys, a shop across the street, helped me set up a webcam - and set up two cameras themselves. At first mine was only on when my computer was on - basically during store hours - but now I have a separate dedicated computer/server for them. I'm still working the kinks out (there is only enough bandwith for one camera so far, and some other small technical problems keep croping up) but I hope it will go smoothly soon. Meanwhile . . . enjoy the view of my New York hometown.